Wednesday 30 May 2012

Beating Down Final Tasks

Plugging away at the final tasks this week. The issue/task list is now down to 13 items. Unfortunately, sometimes new ones get added if I spot a bug or unexpected feature.

The game now has a brightness slider and the collision detection performs ten times better now that I have implemented the heuristic algorithm I developed for Gravity Core. The collision system changes were considerably fiddlier than I anticipated but it's done now and there for the next game.

Some of the remaining tasks include:
  • Scoring System
  • Lives and Game Over
  • Documentation and In-Game Instructions
  • Website
  • Installation Packages
I just need to keep plugging away then I'll release the game as a beta. The last few steps over the finish line always seem to be tough.

No comments: