Tuesday 17 July 2012

Game development on hold...

The development of Starfire phase 2 is currently on hold. I need to finish off some work on my other product for scale modellers.

Should be able to work on the next phase of Starfire in the next few weeks. Performance still needs to be improved and I want to add some bonus content for folks who join the mailing list.

When the new version is released, I'll issue some press releases and try to drive more interest. Even though I have done little in the way of promotion, the game seems to have taken on a life of its own in non-English speaking countries. A lot of Brazilian gamers seem to be downloading it at the moment largely due to it being included on a Brazilian gaming site. More than a thousand people have tried it out so far overall.

I have been surrendering money to Steam again now that they are tempting me with their cheap games. My collection now contains Metro 2033, Trine 1 + 2 and Portal 2. So far, I have played Trine a bit and really like it. Kinda Ghosts 'n' Goblins meets Imogen (an old BBC Micro game).

No comments: